Asuga First time in his natural surroundings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XashBE

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Asuga
So today i took my Asuga out into the wild.
Still drove rather calm because of the wheel wobble that isn't solved yet.

Had a blast but now i have to clean it 😱
I should remember to not drive in wet conditions...

IMG_20240126_182600.jpg

My Punisher's currently sitting in front of the radiator drying out. I'll brush the loose grit, mud and grass off, then a squirt of lube and ready for the next outing.
In the UK, if we wait for dry conditions, we'd never get out!

Geez, wheels had 3 times the normal weight ;)

'bout 2 hours of cleaning. Good enough for now, tomorrow i'll go to a public RC park if the weather is halfly decent.:cool:

I used to run in the mud, but after several times cleaning the car, I decided the fun was not worth the hours of clean time. Nowadays I rarely run in the mud/water. 😬

I used to run in the mud, but after several times cleaning the car, I decided the fun was not worth the hours of clean time. Nowadays I rarely run in the mud/water. 😬
Learned that as well. Winter and bad weather means tuning/updating the car. Good weather means run/destroy the car 🤣

thankfully the weather here is normally sunny. I missed out last weekend due to weather and family commitments. I'll be missing this weekend too. Come to think of it, I need to put my Liperior batteries into storage mode.

Hopefully I'll have time next week to work on some of the rigs. A new-to-me ET48.3 just arrived, so I'll be giving her the comb over to get her up to speed; diffs, shocks, electronics. Then it's off to the tuning board. I also have a Kronos that needs the same treatment.

No run time, but maybe there will be tuning time. 🤞

Yeah, after fixing it up after the crash i had i just drove it in good conditions and it actually so nice to just have to dust it a little off instead of cleaning it for 2 hours!
Sure, it looks and feels kinda cool to drive in mud, splashing dirt everywhere but it's just not worth it. Plus it's not really good for anything.

Maybe some sand racing this weekend if the weather is fine but even that should be rather easy to clean compared to mud!

Yeah, after fixing it up after the crash i had i just drove it in good conditions and it actually so nice to just have to dust it a little off instead of cleaning it for 2 hours!
Sure, it looks and feels kinda cool to drive in mud, splashing dirt everywhere but it's just not worth it. Plus it's not really good for anything.

Maybe some sand racing this weekend if the weather is fine but even that should be rather easy to clean compared to mud!
Sand racing is cool. Clean the drive cups and the rest of the moving parts. Sand is like sanding paper. Destroy everything. Trust me, i know 🤣

Yep...dusting them off sure is a lot nicer than scrubbing and cleaning for hours.

I'm with Stig; sand can be pretty rough on the moving parts. Especially bearings. And if its in a saltwater setting? Rinse immediately and then remove the screws and lubricate.

Thats the one reason why I don't run in sand. I've seen too many rigs that were absolutely seized up due to the corrosion.

I'm on an island, so all the sand here has saltwater on it. 😬

Yep...dusting them off sure is a lot nicer than scrubbing and cleaning for hours.

I'm with Stig; sand can be pretty rough on the moving parts. Especially bearings. And if its in a saltwater setting? Rinse immediately and then remove the screws and lubricate.

Thats the one reason why I don't run in sand. I've seen too many rigs that were absolutely seized up due to the corrosion.

I'm on an island, so all the sand here has saltwater on it. 😬
Salt water kills RC cars. I never run in salty sands for sure. Love sand, not salt 😉

i intend to stay away from the wet part, due to salt water here.
Staying more to the inland several hundreds of meters away from salty influence.
And yes, i should probably check bearing afterwards to be sure after i cleaned everything with pressured air.

I love running cars/buggies/trucks on the beach. Hooning about, huuuuuuge drifts, rooster tailing sand behind 😍

But then comes the clean up 😫
Sand everywhere, salty residues, corrosion, bearing failures........

It's still worth it though 😁

I love running cars/buggies/trucks on the beach. Hooning about, huuuuuuge drifts, rooster tailing sand behind 😍

But then comes the clean up 😫
Sand everywhere, salty residues, corrosion, bearing failures........

It's still worth it though 😁
I'll stick to the sand. Air shower afterwards, check bearings, done 😁

Back