Kronos XTR Fall Bashing is the Best

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winterlong75

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos XTR
  2. Sketer
Today I was reminded of why bashing during the fall season is the best. With temps right at 70 degrees nothing is overheating (including me), but it's not chilly enough for plastics to get brittle.

A great jump by the XTR and a tree caught it to let it down gently. The truck was actually quite stuck in the braches as I was carrying quite a bit of speed when it was snagged by the branches.

Happy bashing to all...

PXL_20230917_152918848~3.jpg

PXL_20230917_152939761.jpg

Today I was reminded of why bashing during the fall season is the best. With temps right at 70 degrees nothing is overheating (including me), but it's not chilly enough for plastics to get brittle.

A great jump by the XTR and a tree caught it to let it down gently. The truck was actually quite stuck in the braches as I was carrying quite a bit of speed when it was snagged by the branches.

Happy bashing to all...

View attachment 4528

View attachment 4529
My Python has the large front bumper fitted this has saved me on many occasions from destroying the front. Recently I hit a 2 inch square post while I was running on a playing field. I was doing about 50mph and it snapped it in half. The car flipped over several times and all it did was cracked the shell at the rear at the body mount. I was amazed that there was no serious damage. It does have a lot of metal upgrades, which obviously saved the day.

Happy bashing to all...

View attachment 4528

View attachment 4529
love it leaves flying everywhere and a bit cooler enjoy it while you can the nights are setting in 😐

love it leaves flying everywhere and a bit cooler enjoy it while you can the nights are setting in 😐
Yeah man! I have an rc track on my property that's riddled with trees,soon the leaves will be too thick on the ground to even see it!! Fall bashing is awesome no doubt! Only part that sucks is it's too dark to bash by the time I get home from work..maybe I should quit my job?🤔🤷‍♂️😂😂

I'll be fitting a high power CREE LED setup on mine soon ! Daylight 24 hours a day !

Fall - or Autumn as us Brits say - is usually wet and changeable. Amazingly this year, we've had a bit of a heat wave in September and now, suddenly, there's a nip in the air again - especially by dawn.

So, my Extra 330 SC engine rebuild has distracted me from blasting the XTR around as much as I would like.

From this:
PXL_20230824_151641397.MP.jpg

To this:
PXL_20230912_153840571.jpg

Now installed:
PXL_20230915_143258321.jpg

Just the cowl to repair now with fibreglass and epoxy - then sand, prime and respray. Doubt it'll get much airtime this year. But it's looking good.

Did manage at long last to fly the Radian Pro - what a machine!!! 30, 40min - or 1 hour flying time.

PXL_20230903_133833137.jpg

The new Onyx Graphene 6S pack is fun in the XTR though - very punchy indeed. I'm looking forward to pushing the envelope with them and I'm sure the XTR will find 70mph in the drier weather. 🤞

Back