ESC Fan - Torox 185 - Replace/Upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridgehead44

Reaction score
Hey all,

The ESC fan on the Torox 185 I have installed in my Sketer died. Should I replace it with a stock one, or can someone suggest something that will work better/last longer?

Thanks in advance!

Hey all,

The ESC fan on the Torox 185 I have installed in my Sketer died. Should I replace it with a stock one, or can someone suggest something that will work better/last longer?

Thanks in advance!
They die when they get foreign objects jam them all up.

Direct replacements are available, but in my estimation, prevention is better than cure.

Mesh can help. I happily use a chassis shroud to prevent stuff getting in to begin with (chippings, twigs, grass, grit etc).

Replacement Max 8 Fan

I am not certain on the size but I replace mine with the Pro-Tek aluminum cased fans. It is either the PTK-2111 (30x30x10mm) or the PTK-2113 (35x35x10mm). The fan fits into the ESC housing with no issues and they have a higher RPM than the stock fans. I am sure you can use other brands but my LHS stocks Pro-Tek fans.

I am not certain on the size but I replace mine with the Pro-Tek aluminum cased fans. It is either the PTK-2111 (30x30x10mm) or the PTK-2113 (35x35x10mm). The fan fits into the ESC housing with no issues and they have a higher RPM than the stock fans. I am sure you can use other brands but my LHS stocks Pro-Tek fans.

Thank you for the advice! I'd actually ordered a two-pack of Gool RC ESC fans last week. Trash. :mad: The first one broke when I was screwing it in. The other one went in fine, but offered next to no cooling. I took the Sketer out yesterday for what amounted to a pretty light bash and hit thermal cutoff for the first time ever on the ESC. The motor was ice cold, BTW. So I went ahead and got the Pro-Tek. I'm sure that'll be a lot better for the rig. Thanks again for your advice!

1706533824400.png

Back