Asuga DX5C transmitter work with 6s Corally rc?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cazrack

Reaction score
Hi

Is it possible to use a dx5c transmitter with Corally 6s rc?
This way you can adjust throttle dual rate 1-100% which current RTR Corally transmitters don't have?

I'm sure it will, you'll need a Spektrum reciever though. I use Traxxas TQi radio/receiver with Spektrum equipped rc's, Redcat radio and receiver with TRX Vilenion esc and motor..as long as the radio and receiver match, and they have enough channels, no problemo👍
Make sure voltage specs are compatible too. BEC voltages do vary, 6 to 8.4v are the most common. Traxxas stuff is only rated at 6.0v, but I run them on 7.4v without issues.. think I even have a TQi reciever running 8.4v, not sure, and don't really care if it burns out.😁🤪🍻

If you already have the DX5, then you only need a Spektrum receiver. If you don’t own the DX5, there are less expensive radio options with more settings that are way less expensive. I use a Radiolink RC6GS with both of my Corally vehicles plus eight more bashers.

If you already have the DX5, then you only need a Spektrum receiver. If you don’t own the DX5, there are less expensive radio options with more settings that are way less expensive. I use a Radiolink RC6GS with both of my Corally vehicles plus eight more bashers.
Yeah, nothing wrong with the Spektrum stuff, besides price. I use a Flysky GT3b, $35 12 years ago, $10 receivers. 10 model memory. Range is limited, so is my eyesight!!😉😂🤷‍♂️

I installed a Spektrum receiver in my new Muracco the other day and it’s fine! Didn’t like the stock radio so now I’ve got my dx5c and it’s nicer for sure. Had to recalibrate the esc though afterwards to get it going. Set everything to my liking on the radio and it’s great 👍

I'm still using my trusty 3VCS on FASST. It was state of the art in 2004! 🤣 If it ain't broke, don't fix it!! I'm just 100% into the feel of this radio, too.
IMG_20211219_132246.jpg

*Standard Programming Functions
*Model Select with storage for 10 different models
*Servo Reversing
*Digital Trims
*Changeable Throttle Stick-ratchet or smooth
*Adjustable stick Length
*Ten model memory
*Brake mixing for large cars
*Anti-skid Braking System ABS
*Throttle Acceleration (TH-ACCEL)
*Throttle Speed (TH-SPEED)
*Start Function (AT-START)
*Steering Speed (ST SPEED)
*Racing timer (TIMER)
*Menus for "New Driver," 'Race Ready" and "Expert"
*Direct select programming shortcuts
*Special ID code prevents signal interruption
*Signal shifting every 2 milliseconds
*Sub-trim
*EPA/ATV
*Expo
*Channel Mixing
*Throttle cut

It's a long range Tx - about a mile for surface use - which is great for speed runs. This was a £500 radio back then. Now, you can pick them up for £80-100 on eBay.

I'm too vested in stick radios for flying to adopt pistol radios - muscle memory has been developed. This is no bad thing in most regards. However, it would be nice to have a full-colour, touch-screen display and telemetry.

1000012441.jpg

My flying radio, which runs on 2.4ghz and Crossfire 915mhz does literally everything on open-tx, yet I'm aware that this is considered old fashioned now! 🤔

And it's not like I can take this down the club....

UAV003small.jpg

😝

I'm still using my trusty 3VCS on FASST. It was state of the art in 2004! 🤣 If it ain't broke, don't fix it!! I'm just 100% into the feel of this radio, too.View attachment 4721

*Standard Programming Functions
*Model Select with storage for 10 different models
*Servo Reversing
*Digital Trims
*Changeable Throttle Stick-ratchet or smooth
*Adjustable stick Length
*Ten model memory
*Brake mixing for large cars
*Anti-skid Braking System ABS
*Throttle Acceleration (TH-ACCEL)
*Throttle Speed (TH-SPEED)
*Start Function (AT-START)
*Steering Speed (ST SPEED)
*Racing timer (TIMER)
*Menus for "New Driver," 'Race Ready" and "Expert"
*Direct select programming shortcuts
*Special ID code prevents signal interruption
*Signal shifting every 2 milliseconds
*Sub-trim
*EPA/ATV
*Expo
*Channel Mixing
*Throttle cut

It's a long range Tx - about a mile for surface use - which is great for speed runs. This was a £500 radio back then. Now, you can pick them up for £80-100 on eBay.

I'm too vested in stick radios for flying to adopt pistol radios - muscle memory has been developed. This is no bad thing in most regards. However, it would be nice to have a full-colour, touch-screen display and telemetry.

View attachment 4722
My flying radio, which runs on 2.4ghz and Crossfire 915mhz does literally everything on open-tx, yet I'm aware that this is considered old fashioned now! 🤔

And it's not like I can take this down the club....

View attachment 4723
😝
Gotta love that old Futaba, made in Japan. High quality for sure. I still have a Magnum Jr kicking around here some place..got a pile of various old pistol grip radios if you ever wanna give it a go, just add crystals!!🤣🤣🍻

Gotta love that old Futaba, made in Japan. High quality for sure. I still have a Magnum Jr kicking around here some place..got a pile of various old pistol grip radios if you ever wanna give it a go, just add crystals!!🤣🤣🍻
What an incredibly kind offer. 🤩 Thank you...🤣 The problem is, I would literally be forever breaking my own shins. It just isn't good for my health. 😅

Yes, for some reason, whilst I can generally get cars around a track with a pistol radio, when I need to brake urgently, I grip the radio. Result = car goes into shins. Not funny with the Baja 5B SS. Well not for me at any rate!

What an incredibly kind offer. 🤩 Thank you...🤣 The problem is, I would literally be forever breaking my own shins. It just isn't good for my health. 😅

Yes, for some reason, whilst I can generally get cars around a track with a pistol radio, when I need to brake urgently, I grip the radio. Result = car goes into shins. Not funny with the Baja 5B SS. Well not for me at any rate!
Funny..not funny!!😜 I understand where ur coming from, I learned pistol grip with a Magnum Jr, circa 1986 or so..all pistol grip since. I never tried flying, so I'd be in the same boat as you but in reverse,LOL. My brother drives goofy.. holds the pistol radio in his right hand and steers with his left!!🤔😬😖🤣🤣
I told him they make left handed pistol radios as well as reversible, he says "no, I learned this way so, I'm good".🤷‍♂️

Funny..not funny!!😜 I understand where ur coming from, I learned pistol grip with a Magnum Jr, circa 1986 or so..all pistol grip since. I never tried flying, so I'd be in the same boat as you but in reverse,LOL. My brother drives goofy.. holds the pistol radio in his right hand and steers with his left!!🤔😬😖🤣🤣
I told him they make left handed pistol radios as well as reversible, he says "no, I learned this way so, I'm good".🤷‍♂️
That's crazy - like playing a right handed guitar upside down - left handed. But with a pistol grip radio! 🤣🤣 Is your brother.....Jimmy Hendrix?! (Is a sentence I never thought I'd say!)

When I played scalextric as a kid, I used the trigger with my right hand. No reverse to worry about, either.

But obviously from then on, throttle always left thumb - cars, drones, Heli and planes. Steering/Ailerons/Cyclic always on the right - mode 2 for me, always.

That's crazy - like playing a right handed guitar upside down - left handed. But with a pistol grip radio! 🤣🤣 Is your brother.....Jimmy Hendrix?! (Is a sentence I never thought I'd say!)

When I played scalextric as a kid, I used the trigger with my right hand. No reverse to worry about, either.

But obviously from then on, throttle always left thumb - cars, drones, Heli and planes. Steering/Ailerons/Cyclic always on the right - mode 2 for me, always.
Well, he does play guitar..has a bunch of them, right handed!🤔🤷‍♂️ He does NOT sound like Hendrix though!!🤣🤣 He's a big EVH fan, has a Franken-srat guitar. Pretty sweet.

Well, he does play guitar..has a bunch of them, right handed!🤔🤷‍♂️ He does NOT sound like Hendrix though!!🤣🤣 He's a big EVH fan, has a Franken-srat guitar. Pretty sweet.
You Bro sounds like a dude! RC & Rock N roll!!

Love a bit of EVH🤘 I'm a drummer, and I always loved the drum track on the middle 8 of jump. 😎

I have an Ibanez electric (with a fancy bridge) and an Epiphone Masterbilt acoustic. I finger pick a little and play Dixie on harmonica 🤣

Back