drive shafts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fizfi24

Reaction score
drive shafts to cling to the shock absorber. tell me what can be done? Kronos xtr 2022

20220826_121739.jpg

20220826_121722.jpg

20220826_121705.jpg

20220826_121658.jpg

Yeah, that's just how it is. 🤷🏻
Despite being a big 8th scale, there's a lot of things that are a tight fit in this truck.
The driveshafts touching the shock springs or sway bar, lower steering plate rubbing front diff cup, center diff installation/removal is very tight and prone to bend the rear driveshaft.

Yeah, that's just how it is. 🤷🏻
Despite being a big 8th scale, there's a lot of things that are a tight fit in this truck.
The driveshafts touching the shock springs or sway bar, lower steering plate rubbing front diff cup, center diff installation/removal is very tight and prone to bend the rear driveshaft.
I have not seen this in other cars .. than they thought when they did it.

One thought.. what if you used a spacer at the top shock mount to move it further away from the tower? Not sure if the standoff is long enough, but finding a standoff from another rc that puts the shock further away from the tower would give more clearance between the shock and drive shaft.. downside is the further away from the tower the shock is moved, the more likely the standoff will break.
It's a design flaw unfortunately..but I don't think it will ever do any more harm than simply rubbing the paint off the parts.

One thought.. what if you used a spacer at the top shock mount to move it further away from the tower? Not sure if the standoff is long enough, but finding a standoff from another rc that puts the shock further away from the tower would give more clearance between the shock and drive shaft.. downside is the further away from the tower the shock is moved, the more likely the standoff will break.
It's a design flaw unfortunately..but I don't think it will ever do any more harm than simply rubbing the paint off the parts.
Couldn't agree more! Sadly all my corally cars touch the springs against the cvd's, but exactly as KnowAir said, the only noticable thing you'll see is a shiny spot on the cvd and missing paint on the shock, not saying that makes it ok but ultimately doesn't seem to affect it

Back