dboot Katar T tires on my Muraco

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morrjr71

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Asuga
  2. Muraco
  3. Radix
A few weeks ago I decided to replace the stock tires on my Muraco with something that gives me better grip on pavement and grass. I wanted true truggy tires, not the wider monster truck tires, and I wasn't finding much. Then I remembered that Arrma has a truggy, the Talion, which uses the dboot Katar T belted tires. I decided to buy a set and try them on my Muraco.

Today was the first time I was able to get the Muraco out for a long run with the Katars, and I couldn't be happier. The grip with the new tires on grass and asphalt was great; they don't balloon; and the tread is more aggressive than the stock Muraco tires. I highly recommend these tires if you are looking for replacements for a Shogun or Muraco.

Hi mate, Thanks so much for posting about this. I just got home from my first drive of my Muraco and can't believe how terrible the factory tyres grip. We drove on short grass today and the car was almost undriveable.. I just came home and started looking at what options were available the Katar being first that came to mind. I run 6S backflips on my EXB Kraton and love them so I thought about proline 3.8 BADLANDS but they are a tiny bit wider and taller. I'm also going to look at Truggy racing tyres.. KATAR's would be great as they're like for like size wise.. Have you tried any other tyres on your Muraco?

A few weeks ago I decided to replace the stock tires on my Muraco with something that gives me better grip on pavement and grass. I wanted true truggy tires, not the wider monster truck tires, and I wasn't finding much. Then I remembered that Arrma has a truggy, the Talion, which uses the dboot Katar T belted tires. I decided to buy a set and try them on my Muraco.

Today was the first time I was able to get the Muraco out for a long run with the Katars, and I couldn't be happier. The grip with the new tires on grass and asphalt was great; they don't balloon; and the tread is more aggressive than the stock Muraco tires. I highly recommend these tires if you are looking for replacements for a Shogun or Muraco.
I forgot to ask did you get the belted or non belted

Hi mate, Thanks so much for posting about this. I just got home from my first drive of my Muraco and can't believe how terrible the factory tyres grip. We drove on short grass today and the car was almost undriveable.. I just came home and started looking at what options were available the Katar being first that came to mind. I run 6S backflips on my EXB Kraton and love them so I thought about proline 3.8 BADLANDS but they are a tiny bit wider and taller. I'm also going to look at Truggy racing tyres.. KATAR's would be great as they're like for like size wise.. Have you tried any other tyres on your Muraco?
I’ve put these in my Muraco (recommended by Popalong RC)
https://www.applianceelectronics.co...on-white-dish-wheels-2-12in-offset-fast1091wd

Great on Astro, ok on grass. Tbh any tyre seems better than the stock ones. Stock wheels are great but the tyres are awful

https://www.applianceelectronics.co...on-white-dish-wheels-2-12in-offset-fast1091wd

Great on Astro, ok on grass. Tbh any tyre seems better than the stock ones. Stock wheels are great but the tyres are awful
Hi Chuzz, thanks for that mate. I love watching the popalong boys too and their videos helped me make my mind up as to what car I got next.. I purchased the KATAR's today so looking forward to giving them a rip when they get here..
I have been looking at the truggy tyres as well but decided to go the KATAR first.. I'm in Sydney and drive on clay/gravel near the bush so I figure the KATAR will last a bit longer than small pin truggy tyres.. They will be my next on my list..

Hi Chuzz, just found that popalong video as I was curious about the offset as I thought they're zero and your link was for half an inch.. Just to let you know mate Popalong have the zero offset same as factory.. I'm not sure they sell those here in Australia so I'll get a set of Louise which are similar.. Cheers..

Hi Chuzz, just found that popalong video as I was curious about the offset as I thought they're zero and your link was for half an inch.. Just to let you know mate Popalong have the zero offset same as factory.. I'm not sure they sell those here in Australia so I'll get a set of Louise which are similar.. Cheers..
The offset is 1/2 inch, tbh they stick out a bit wider so I’m ok with that
32212737-6BD7-4AFE-8126-49A2D3B9F31B.png

Back