Corally needs to step to the plate.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KERTWOOD

Reaction score
I’ll make this short… Instead of recreating/modifying/upgrading and making larger a certain model/chassis (Asuga). They need to get out of their comfort zone and make or match what ARMA has to offer and produce a competitor to the Infraction and Limitless. Seriously, how many Basher/Buggies/hybrids does one need?

Don’t get me wrong, I like Corally, they just need to quit trying to reinvent the wheel.

Last edited:
Those vehicles are more of niche vehicles, and I doubt Corally would want to spend the money required to break into that field for a small turn on investment.

Would be nice a infraction kind of Corally. But, how much would you really gonna run it? and how long can you stay interested in it? Bashing would always be more fun i think.
A lot. I’m already thinking of drift and road cars. So a Corally infraction would benefit me well.

I have the Sketer for off-road/bashing and purchased every upgrade and performance part I can think of besides changing it to 6’s and that probably won’t happen because it’ll serve its purpose just fine on 4’s with ESC tune and pinion swap.

I need a street ripper/drifter like the infraction for Racing, top speed, drifting and thrashing on concrete or pavement.

After these two I really don’t see myself getting anything else with 4 wheels. I’m not planning on competitive racing so buggies don’t interest me.

More than likely I’ll dive into a FPV drone and that will wrap up my 3 RC’s. With those three I can have as much fun as anyone.

Those vehicles are more of niche vehicles, and I doubt Corally would want to spend the money required to break into that field for a small turn on investment.
So keep investing in the same thing forever, Bashers and Buggies? That mindset is probably why they will never have the following that ARMA has.

That’s like saying an auto manufacturer only wants to commit to one type of vehicle. Even Lamborghini stepped outside of the box and made a truck which had a Huge following and Success.

Again. I like Corally. I chose the Sketer over the ARMA offering but to be honest if they continue to recreate the wheel they’ll get left behind.

Last edited:
So keep investing in the same thing forever, Bashers and Buggies? That mindset is probably why they will never have the following that ARMA has.

Since when has Arrma gotten into anything but stunt trucks and fast straight-line cars like the Felony, Limitless, Infraction, and Vendetta? Do they have any real road cars? How about crawlers? And drift cars? And no-prep drag cars? Arrma hasn't come out with a new design themselves in a long time: even their new 4s is a reworked old 3s design, and a poor one at that. In case you forgot about it, Arrma copied the E-Revo with their Nero, and they lost a lawsuit over that.

Look at Traxxas: they have a far better market share than Arrma does. Why? Because they offer something for most everyone, except drift cars. Arrma will never be at the same level as Traxxas, nor do they don't need to be: they have enough market share to thrive. The same goes for Corally.

Since when has Arrma gotten into anything but stunt trucks and fast straight-line cars like the Felony, Limitless, Infraction, and Vendetta? Do they have any real road cars? How about crawlers? And drift cars? And no-prep drag cars? Arrma hasn't come out with a new design themselves in a long time: even their new 4s is a reworked old 3s design, and a poor one at that. In case you forgot about it, Arrma copied the E-Revo with their Nero, and they lost a lawsuit over that.

Look at Traxxas: they have a far better market share than Arrma does. Why? Because they offer something for most everyone, except drift cars. Arrma will never be at the same level as Traxxas, nor do they don't need to be: they have enough market share to thrive. The same goes for Corally.
You got me there. I used the wrong company name for my example. Simply swap Traxxas for Arrma and my point remains solid.

It’s not about “thriving”. It’s about options for customers and that’s why I made the thread. I’m looking at purchasing another RC in the near future and unfortunately Corally won’t be the choice. Not my fault. I’d love to give them more money and continue to help them thrive but they would rather stay inside their box.

I get it though, a lot of companies focus on one thing, so If that’s what they choose than so be it. There will always be customers who like buying the newly redesigned replacement.

Last edited:
You got me there. I used the wrong company name for my example. Simply swap Traxxas for Arrma and my point remains solid.

It’s not about “thriving”. It’s about options for customers and that’s why I made the thread. I’m looking at purchasing another RC in the near future and unfortunately Corally won’t be the choice. Not my fault. I’d love to give them more money and continue to help them thrive but they would rather stay inside their box.

I get it though, a lot of companies focus on one thing, so If that’s what they choose than so be it. There will always be customers who like buying the newly redesigned replacement.
I get it: I have a Radix6 and a Muraco, which gives me both a SWB vehicle and a LWB vehicle, and I can't see me buying another Corally. The same goes for Arrma: I have a Typhon 3s, a Kraton 6s, and an Infraction 3s, and those vehicles satisfy me needs for Arrma.

I just recently got into drift cars, and another drift car may be my next purchase.

I didn't know on road bashing was a niche thing in the hobby?
I'm not saying there isn't a market for on road bashing, I'm saying there might not be a huge market for specialized vehicles like the Felony, Limitless, and Infraction. The lack of similar vehicles from other manufacturers tells the story.

Last edited:
I'm not saying there isn't a market for on road bashing, I'm saying there might not be a huge market for specialized vehicles like the Felony, Limitless, and Infraction. The lack of similar vehicles from other manufacturers tells the story.
I think I'm struggling to wrap my head around that as I don't consider an infraction or limitless to be specialized and there are tons of them all over youtube so they're definitely selling. Maybe the felony is specialized but not the other two and especially not the infraction. Just because other manufacturers are slacking doesn't mean there isn't a market though. I'm sure arrma wouldn't keep coming out with new versions if no one was buying them. We know they aren't shy about discontinuing stuff that's not meeting expectations.

In fact there was just a new 1/7th on road basher released by a European company very recently.

https://www.bigsquidrc.com/ftx-rc-1-7-superforza-gt-4wd-rtr/

Looks nice for sure. But, Ftx is based in the UK and their website is saying that Royal Mail only ships them in the UK and to France. So if they are available in the rest of Europe, they will be expensive i think.

Reely Urban Green Brushless 1:7 RC Modellauto Elektro Straßenmodell Allradantrieb (4WD) RtR 2,4 GHz mit Lichteffekt, T​

(1)

Bestell-Nr.:2586837 - 62
Hst.-Teile-Nr.:RE-7760511
EAN:4064161218830
Nur solange der Vorrat reicht (233 Stück)
Lieferung: Di., 28.03.2023 bis Fr., 31.03.2023

-40 %
CHF 449.95 CHF 754.95
Sie sparen CHF 305.00

inkl. MwSt.
Kostenloser Versand
Gesteckt

Garantie Plus 24 Langzeit-Garantie nur CHF 30.00
In den Einkaufswagen

• Conrad Produktbild

• Conrad Produktbild

• Conrad Produktbild

• Conrad Produktbild

• Conrad Produktbild

• Conrad Produktbild

• Conrad Produktbild

• Conrad Produktbild

• Conrad Produktbild

• Conrad Produktbild

• Conrad Produktbild

• Conrad Produktbild

• Conrad Produktbild

• Conrad Produktbild

• Conrad Produktbild

• Conrad Produktbild

• Conrad Produktbild

Reely Urban Green Brushless 1:7 RC Modellauto Elektro Straßenmodell Allradantrieb (4WD) RtR 2,4 GHz mit Lichteffekt, T

Reely
Datenblatt
Downloads
Varianten
Matt Grau Urban Green

...​

• Kunststoffe als Verpackungsmaterial passen einfach nicht in unsere Zeit
Merken
Vergleichen

I'm sure the SSX-823 could be made into a nice street basher with enough will? Another money pit project perhaps? 😅
Not any plans for one at the moment. I’m still digging in the current pit.

When it comes to handling and out the box performance, Corally have it nailed. But I agree with the Op I think all the RC main players need to think more out of the box or come up with innovations we didn't know we needed until they presented them to us.

On Traxxas there clipless body is pretty innovative and they cater to the massess, Arrma learn from there mistakes and improve their standard stable of cars as the generations progress and foxus on bashers (street/off-road), but Corally just handle better and require less mods (thinking Asuga or Kronos XTR) out the box. I spent quite a few pennies on my Traxxas Sledge to make it robust, I only bought CRCU Shock Standoffs for my Kronos XTR. Out the box Corallys are just really good

When it comes to handling and out the box performance, Corally have it nailed. But I agree with the Op I think all the RC main players need to think more out of the box or come up with innovations we didn't know we needed until they presented them to us.

On Traxxas there clipless body is pretty innovative and they cater to the massess, Arrma learn from there mistakes and improve their standard stable of cars as the generations progress and foxus on bashers (street/off-road), but Corally just handle better and require less mods (thinking Asuga or Kronos XTR) out the box. I spent quite a few pennies on my Traxxas Sledge to make it robust, I only bought CRCU Shock Standoffs for my Kronos XTR. Out the box Corallys are just really good
ehh I think my arrmas are way more durable out of the box. I was really disappointed with corally plastic durability tbh. it's the only brand I've used where battery trays break so easily. Then they have the nerve to charge 20$+ for it.

ehh I think my arrmas are way more durable out of the box. I was really disappointed with corally plastic durability tbh. it's the only brand I've used where battery trays break so easily. Then they have the nerve to charge 20$+ for it.
Yea that I have to agree with. I've broken arms and the battery tray on my Kronos. What is the solution to stop the battery tray from breaking?

Yea that I have to agree with. I've broken arms and the battery tray on my Kronos. What is the solution to stop the battery tray from breaking?
Have broken arms on my Sketer as well. Bent the front shock tower as well. Upgraded the towers to carbon ones. Making it lighter. On my Asuga, nothing broke yet. Looks like the new arms on it are much stronger. So i think TC is working on the plastic issue.

Back