Asuga Build thread & collecting ideas for my transformation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got it lying around somewhere. I remember reading something about it and then skipping it because "i'll just drive stock and never touch that stuff" 🤣
Of course you'll 'touch that stuff'! 😝 Obviously, operating manuals are a last resort. 🤣

1000018680.png

The Asuga won't be much different to this. 👍

Of course you'll 'touch that stuff'! 😝 Obviously, operating manuals are a last resort. 🤣

View attachment 5886

The Asuga won't be much different to this. 👍
Here's the chart from the Asuga manual:

1713908916320.png

I run a 15/52 in my Asuga. I tried a 16T, but the adjustment on the motor mount was maxed out and I could barely get a decent gear mesh.

Last edited:
So basic settings are pretty much ideal for 4S and 6S as well and also fast enough.
I wonder why my rotor blew up then when driving on 6S.
Yeah well, factory replacement is already on it's way. Still, shouldn't have happened. It was mayne 60% of just one lipo...

So, after a week and a half of "i don't need expensive Hobbywing, i just get myself a Rocket RC set" i got myself:

Screenshot_2024-04-30-07-12-28-650_com.yandex.browser.jpg

On top of that some ADU fan holders and fan cover plus a Rocket fan.

Pics will follow when arrived.

So, after a week and a half of "i don't need expensive Hobbywing, i just get myself a Rocket RC set" i got myself:

View attachment 5930

On top of that some ADU fan holders and fan cover plus a Rocket fan.

Pics will follow when arrived.
That's the combo I have in my Asuga that I bought as a roller. I'm using a Powerhobby clamp-on fan mount with a Rocket 40mm 16,000 RPM fan. To complete the build, I have a 35kg servo and a R6FG receiver to go with my Radiolink RC6GS V3 transmitter.

That's the combo I have in my Asuga that I bought as a roller. I'm using a Powerhobby clamp-on fan mount with a Rocket 40mm 16,000 RPM fan. To complete the build, I have a 35kg servo and a R6FG receiver to go with my Radiolink RC6GS V3 transmitter.
Yeah i went for a 55kg servo since i run in sand a lot, so it cannot hurt to have reserves.

Here's what the chassis looks like on my Asuga with the Max8 4278 combo and 35kg servo.

Asuga chassis.jpg

I have Corally spring steel turnbuckles and composite steering rod ends coming from RC Hobby Explosion to correct the front toe - it's way too much towards the outside of the vehicle for my liking.

Here's what the chassis looks like on my Asuga with the Max8 4278 combo and 35kg servo.

View attachment 5972

I have Corally spring steel turnbuckles and composite steering rod ends coming from RC Hobby Explosion to correct the front toe - it's way too much towards the outside of the vehicle for my liking.
Interesting, i don't have that issue

IMG_20240503_115318.jpg

So, for anyone interested in putting in the same combo in an Asuga, be warned, you'll have to either make the white-red-black cable longer or cut your transmitter box open so the cable is long enough. Hobbywing cable is at least 5cm shorter than the original one !
I went for second option because i don't have the material for the first one.
IMG_20240504_121915.jpg
IMG_20240504_122651.jpg

On the other hand, motor cables are way longer!
IMG_20240504_125259.jpg

So i used cable binders to fix that. Who knows if i ever need them that long, so rather keep it that way.
IMG_20240504_160905.jpg

I chose the 9imod servo to give me plenty of power because i drive in sand a lot for now. Also replaced the stock servo arm with the new one.
IMG_20240504_160857.jpg

Next is the fan and related things. Waiting till it arrives.

Sadly i forgot to tighten my pinion screw and my first test was finished after 2 minutes.
So far i can tell it runs smoother but that could also be imagination. Letting the threadlocker dry to do more testing.

Back