Asuga Check your screws under the bumper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian986

Reaction score
Hi All,

I know some of you guys are very experienced. I was taking my Asuga to bits to work out which bits i need after breaking it.

I found the under the front and rear bumper there are two screws that was very loose

see attached pictures I have put the hex driver between between the loose screws
hopefully this will help someone on here.

IMG_7970.jpeg

IMG_7969.jpeg

Think they are for the hinge pin braces. Not completely sure anymore. Been a while since i had them out. Locktide them up. I always use it when screws go into alu parts.

Always a good idea to check everything is still tight.
Screws that go into the plastics can become loose as everything compresses, and screws into metal can rattle loose.

I was just trying to help anyone like me who does not have much experiance with this sort of thing.

I try to tighten all bolts up after I use the car, but because they are underneath the bumper I have never touched them and my Asuga was ready to run version so they most have been a little lacking with the thread lock.

It's a good shout 👍
The Asuga / Kagama chassis has had a good few improvements over the Kronos / Punisher chassis. The hinge pin brace screws are new additions, and being hidden under the bumper/skids, not at all obvious. At least if they do loosen off, they'll not drop out and get lost.

From new, the screw threads will have some oily residues, so the threadloc from the factory won't hold at full strength. Second time round with fresh loctite it'll be 👍

Yes, good heads up. Thanks!
I find that loose or stripped screws are fairly common on rtr rc's unfortunately. Definitely a good practice to thoroughly check them over out of the box. Some folks will completely disassemble them to go through it. I just try and get a wrench on whatever I can without taking it apart. I miss the days when we bought them as kits, assembled them ourselves..learn alot more about how they work, and how to repair them that way..

Back