Chassis dust cover for Radix 6.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1660542960360.png

1660542990670.png

Dusty Motors Schutzhülle Universal L inkl. + Shock Socks

Abdeckungslänge : 33cm Seitenlänge

ca: 32-34cm

Schwarz mit Reissverschluss

Bitte Anleitung weiter unten zur richtigen Größenermittlung beachten!

Universelle regulierbare Schutzabdeckung Größe L

Geeignet für: Axial, HPI, Kyosho, LOSI, Mugen, Ofna, Tamiya, Team Associated, Tekno, Thunder Tiger, Traxxas, XRay Corally Kronos Corally Shogun Corally Demetor Corally Python Arrma Big Rock Cap Crew BLX etc.
Breite : 33 Zentimeter oder 13 Zoll
Länge: 33 Zentimeter oder 13 Zoll

I think the air flow underneath the body shell on the radix is very restrictive by design anyway. I think I'm going to try modding/drilling the shell in places and try a chassis cover and see how I get on. I run my radix alot on grass and it's ridiculous the amount that gets in to the motor cooling fan, esc cooling fan and under the battery tray.

I think the air flow underneath the body shell on the radix is very restrictive by design anyway. I think I'm going to try modding/drilling the shell in places and try a chassis cover and see how I get on. I run my radix alot on grass and it's ridiculous the amount that gets in to the motor cooling fan, esc cooling fan and under the battery tray.
No guts no glory 💪

Exactly my thinking. My MT10 came with a chassis cover and it works really well, but the body allows more air flow. Nothing ventured nothing gained and for the sake of £30 it's worth a punt!

To do it over again I would have cut a slit in the body and heated with a heat gun and pushed body up from underneath but this works. That said a monster sized cap pack gave me the biggest cooling effect, powerhobby 12s 8800uf pack, I ran an 18t pinion on all surfaces and NEVER exceeded 150°f, usually in the 130's, plus I don't think frog skin material covers are restrictive at all short of having them dirty and packed with crap

IMG_20220815_175827637.jpg

People advised me not to use one. Rig is getting to hot then.
I actually thought they were for just storing your rc to keep dust out, not to actually run with it on. Guess I was mislead

To do it over again I would have cut a slit in the body and heated with a heat gun and pushed body up from underneath but this works. That said a monster sized cap pack gave me the biggest cooling effect, powerhobby 12s 8800uf pack, I ran an 18t pinion on all surfaces and NEVER exceeded 150°f, usually in the 130's, plus I don't think frog skin material covers are restrictive at all short of having them dirty and packed with crap

View attachment 2863
The Python has holes on the shell after the roof line. I thought of fitting two fans on there to help keep heat out.

Last edited:
Back