Punisher Centre diff shims - sizes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffwazz

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just done (another) centre diff re-build in front of the Christmas TV, with new o-rings and 300k syrup.
However, the shims behind the output bevel gears are deformed and are worn perilously thin, so they'll need to be replaced.
The manual lists these as a set with the gears/cross pins etc, but I was wondering if anyone knows the size of the shims highlighted that sits behind the output bevel gears:-
Screenshot_20231222222529~2.png

I think they used to be 5x15x0,4mm, but I can't be sure.
Anyone know?

Although, I now think that a 6x11x0,2mm is more likely, on p/n #C-00180-204, since this follows the 1/8th scale part numbering.
Just ordered a set, I'll find out at the next re-build.

I've noticed that the 179 shims are quite thin. So far they've been holding up, or at least I haven't seen anything different the last time I changed diff fluid.

A micrometer would probably be helpful in this instance; hopefully I'll remember to measure them the next time I work on the diffs.

Thanks for coming back on this. The -204 shims at 0,2mm thick are definitely the correct ones. I've got a big bag full, so at current use, about 10 years worth 😁
I think they get damaged when the diffs run dry (my centre diff had previously lost the syrup with the screws backing out and spinning out).

Not a problem, although it seems like you're more or less set for the long haul. :LOL:

Thankfully my diffs have never been bone dry. Worst it got was the center diff being just about empty, but there was still puddles on the sides where the shims were at. I made sure to crank the screws down a little more firmly and added blue loctite; they've been compliant since then.

Back