Busted Torox 185 on/off switch.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ol1ver

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Dementor
You won't believe it: I really damaged the on/off switch of my ESC. After running my Demonteur (that's how I call her, because I need to fix her so often) in the mud the on / off function refused to work. every time I connected the batteries the esc just powered up. I just was able to toggle the button LED. Nice but useless :mad:.
So in my desperation I cut the switch off!
Well, at least the ESC didn't power up when connecting the batteries. So, the issue WAS the switch.
Lucky I had an switch from a broken Quicrun 1080, which actually is the same but in a smaller housing - et voilà: ça marche!
Never throw parts - u might need them one day!

i have a pile of leftovers, buttons and connectors. Like you said you never know.......

You won't believe it: I really damaged the on/off switch of my ESC. After running my Demonteur (that's how I call her, because I need to fix her so often) in the mud the on / off function refused to work. every time I connected the batteries the esc just powered up. I just was able to toggle the button LED. Nice but useless :mad:.
So in my desperation I cut the switch off!
Well, at least the ESC didn't power up when connecting the batteries. So, the issue WAS the switch.
Lucky I had an switch from a broken Quicrun 1080, which actually is the same but in a smaller housing - et voilà: ça marche!
Never throw parts - u might need them one day!
I did the same thing to one of my Castle escs, the switch went to crap and I had a dead 10BL50 laying around so a little snip snip and some solder later wham bam thank you ma'am works good as new.

Really, never thought of that...

(* ironic mode off *)

Back