Kronos XTR Breaking arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeo79

Reaction score
I keep managing to break arms on my XTR... And yes I do land on all 4 wheels most of the time but on the one time I don't my arms break. Is there any upgraded arms or mods I can try to stop this happening every week? I feel that maybe the arms are a little brittle

Some recommend boiling in water to hydrate the plastic and make it more flexible.
Others suggest soaking in WD40.

Personally I've not broken the arms (yet), but did break a front lower hinge pin.

What heights are you landing from?

May try the WD40 thing.. One broke going over a hump in a field maybe 1ft, last week broke on a bad landing from maybe 6ft so not extreme bashing. I use my other cars for that

Oh 😯

I land mine to flat from BMX track berms, so it's probably dropping from 15 feet onto grass. Cartwheels also, and aside from hinge pin, shock eyes, shaft, shock piston, spoiler ripping off, arms have held up fine.

There's a few who have used Arrma Kraton arms on the Kronos. I believe I've seen RPM and Arrma Kraton arms fitted before..
@Wallys Rc World has done this I believe.
I was going to try it myself but, turns out I'm too soft to break arms I guess.. a cream puff I am,LOL 😔😆😁

Oh 😯

I land mine to flat from BMX track berms, so it's probably dropping from 15 feet onto grass. Cartwheels also, and aside from hinge pin, shock eyes, shaft, shock piston, spoiler ripping off, arms have held up fine
Wow you've broken all those parts?

There's a few who have used Arrma Kraton arms on the Kronos. I believe I've seen RPM and Arrma Kraton arms fitted before..
@Wallys Rc World has done this I believe.
I was going to try it myself but, turns out I'm too soft to break arms I guess.. a cream puff I am,LOL 😔😆😁
Yea I'd rather be a cream puff then break arms every outing haha 😄

It must just be me that has these issues. I tried Kraton arms the bottom fit but upper kraton arm's don't fit as they are too long

The arms are pretty stiff by RTR standards. This is great from a handling perspective, not so great from a durability perspective. It would be much better if Corally or RPM just make some revised arms for us that are a little more flexible.

Much like @KnowAir - I'm yet to break any of my XTR arms. I don't launch it - I just hoon it around on bumpy grass (for my cat's entertainment) or on speed runs on tarmac. It rarely gets higher than 3 foot off the ground. 🤭

Soaking drive belts in WD40 certainly made them more flexible for racing. I guess soaking the arms might do something similar for them. 🤔

The arms are pretty stiff by RTR standards. This is great from a handling perspective, not so great from a durability perspective. It would be much better if Corally or RPM just make some revised arms for us that are a little more flexible.

Much like @KnowAir - I'm yet to break any of my XTR arms. I don't launch it - I just hoon it around on bumpy grass (for my cat's entertainment) or on speed runs on tarmac. It rarely gets higher than 3 foot off the ground. 🤭

Soaking drive belts in WD40 certainly made them more flexible for racing. I guess soaking the arms might do something similar for them. 🤔
Laughing at the cat comment. Was impressed it didn't run from it!

At times she chases after it - she totally plays with it. She watched me put it together. Ditto for the XT8.

In fairness, she's a rescued feral kitten. Totally off topic, but here she is when I found her, frozen, in the middle of the road at 2am...

20171016_013218_HDR_211860005167670.jpg
..all covered in mites and other nasties. Wasn't even weaned.
20171016_124910_HDR_211860020436941.jpg

..her first solid food.
20171016_130557_HDR_211860036843191.jpg

..she quickly gained strength and my wife used some fancy ass hair conditioner to get rid of the lice.
20180207_084628_HDR.jpg

She turned into this fine specimen - a miniature panther. And my little shadow. 😍

@Horatio thats a good thing you did there saving her, and amazing how shes turned out 👌👊😄.

My dog was a rescue too from a charity. When we got her she was bitten, cut, full of mites and fleas and scared of everyone/everything a little bit of love and care and she's golden now

FB_IMG_1644157761883.jpg

Yea maybe I'll keep it more on the ground because in terms of the way it drives and handles its unrivalled....

At times she chases after it - she totally plays with it. She watched me put it together. Ditto for the XT8.

In fairness, she's a rescued feral kitten. Totally off topic, but here she is when I found her, frozen, in the middle of the road at 2am...

View attachment 4134..all covered in mites and other nasties. Wasn't even weaned.
View attachment 4135
..her first solid food.
View attachment 4136
..she quickly gained strength and my wife used some fancy ass hair conditioner to get rid of the lice.
View attachment 4137
She turned into this fine specimen - a miniature panther. And my little shadow. 😍
A buddy and I were walking home from another friends house when we were teenagers. Well below freezing outside, on a dark deserted stretch of road. Hey, you hear that he says. What I ask. He takes of running into the woods,snow on the ground..wtf I'm thinking. He comes out of the woods with this little white kitten. Where the heck did that come from? Someone had to have dumped it? He took him home. Had that cat for probably 15 years, grew to be 20lb at least. Huge tom cat, Thomas the cat was his name. He was a badazz too, he'd chase down dogs,squirrels..

Beautiful
@Horatio thats a good thing you did there saving her, and amazing how shes turned out 👌👊😄.

My dog was a rescue too from a charity. When we got her she was bitten, cut, full of mites and fleas and scared of everyone/everything a little bit of love and care and she's golden now

View attachment 4139

Yea maybe I'll keep it more on the ground because in terms of the way it drives and handles its unrivalled....
Thank you - and that's a beautiful dog right there! Look at her little face. Full of warmth.

I think animals that are rescued appreciate the effort and reward you with unconditional loyalty. Solidarity to you. 🍻👊

A buddy and I were walking home from another friends house when we were teenagers. Well below freezing outside, on a dark deserted stretch of road. Hey, you hear that he says. What I ask. He takes of running into the woods,snow on the ground..wtf I'm thinking. He comes out of the woods with this little white kitten. Where the heck did that come from? Someone had to have dumped it? He took him home. Had that cat for probably 15 years, grew to be 20lb at least. Huge tom cat, Thomas the cat was his name. He was a badazz too, he'd chase down dogs,squirrels..
🤣 How awesome is that? They're like bonus gifts as far as I'm concerned. 😍👌

Perhaps they rescue us, that's what I'm thinking. They certainly help bring out the better side of me. People that don't have the opportunity to be kind to animals miss out on valuable life lessons.

Last edited:
Wow you've broken all those parts?

Yea I'd rather be a cream puff then break arms every outing haha 😄

It must just be me that has these issues. I tried Kraton arms the bottom fit but upper kraton arm's don't fit as they are too long
I only used lower arms. But had to use kraton cvds because the kraton arms were a tiny bit longer

View attachment 4134..all covered in mites and other nasties. Wasn't even weaned.
View attachment 4135
..her first solid food.
View attachment 4136
View attachment 4137
I love these kinds of stories. God bless you brother

Corally actually told me to boil the arms for 20 mins to soften the plastic. But warned it would reduce handling. Oh my. What part of BASHING do they NOT understand? I had already converted it to the mut it is now. Now i love it

I only used lower arms. But had to use kraton cvds because the kraton arms were a tiny bit longer

I love these kinds of stories. God bless you brother

Corally actually told me to boil the arms for 20 mins to soften the plastic. But warned it would reduce handling. Oh my. What part of BASHING do they NOT understand? I had already converted it to the mut it is now. Now i love it
Thank you, fella. Humans as a species can never really make up for all the havoc they've wrought upon the planet, so I believe we should be kind to animals whenever we can. 👍

Thank you, fella. Humans as a species can never really make up for all the havoc they've wrought upon the planet, so I believe we should be kind to animals whenever we can. 👍
I agree, but the planet has been through much worse than what we're capable of..

Back