Sketer Bigger Tires for Sketer...Suggestions, Anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winterlong75

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos XTR
  2. Sketer
Hey Gang...I really like the performance of the stock tires on the Sketer but would like something a bit bigger. Not supersized (like the Kronos tires I bought without actually measuring anything), but something that will generate a little more control in the air and give a slightly more aggressive look.

Also, if you want a brand new set of Kronos tires, get in touch. I haven't listed them in the classified or ebay but will soon.

Good question. Looking for the same tires. Something that doesn't balloon much.

On my Sketer I have installed the dBoots Backflip LP 4S and I am very happy with those. Good performance, seem to be reliable (also often recommended in the ARRMA Forum) and for me they just have the right size/proportion (in between the stock tyres and the supersized Kronos tyres) to look good on the Sketer. Only thing to mention is that you have to do some widening as well … here’s a picture to compare (front dBoots, back stock):
D64B02E9-0102-4533-92FD-4040C19D5449.jpeg

Hey Gang...I really like the performance of the stock tires on the Sketer but would like something a bit bigger. Not supersized (like the Kronos tires I bought without actually measuring anything), but something that will generate a little more control in the air and give a slightly more aggressive look.

Also, if you want a brand new set of Kronos tires, get in touch. I haven't listed them in the classified or ebay but will soon.
Shame they're too big..those tires are awesome on my kraton. Lightweight and lots of traction vs the copperhead2.
Not sure if or how much bigger the backflip LP's are, but they are great tires too IMO.

On my Sketer I have installed the dBoots Backflip LP 4S and I am very happy with those. Good performance, seem to be reliable (also often recommended in the ARRMA Forum) and for me they just have the right size/proportion (in between the stock tyres and the supersized Kronos tyres) to look good on the Sketer. Only thing to mention is that you have to do some widening as well … here’s a picture to compare (front dBoots, back stock):
View attachment 2237
+1 backflip LP's are so versatile! And great quality! I run them on my xtr and an mt410.

Sketer stock tires have an outer diameter of 134mm, the dBoots Backflip LP 4S have 154mm and the Kronos tires should have about 170(?)mm …

View attachment 2237
That looks more like it! No issues with clearance after widening? Using the 13t pinion?

Sketer stock tires have an outer diameter of 134mm, the dBoots Backflip LP 4S have 154mm and the Kronos tires should have about 170(?)mm …
Sounds aboot right. The Sketer uses an odd combo of 17mm hex with small'ish tires.. Kinda like the kaiju. Needs a fair amount of offset to clear the hubs. The kaiju tires are an option for the Sketer as well and they're decent tires but I think more offset is needed for them to fit the Sketer.

That looks more like it! No issues with clearance after widening? Using the 13t pinion?
You need to wide it by 30mm in total. The recommended way would be installing the wide hubs, but I did try the quick & dirty way by using hex extenders (if that will fail at a certain point I still can do the wide hub conversion). Here’s the full story:
https://www.corallyforum.com/threads/widening-with-hex-extenders-a-good-idea.349/

Yes, I still have the stock 13t pinion which with this tires has the same effect than gearing up to 15t and keeping the stock tires … top speed goes up from about 70km/h to 80+km/h 😎. In both cases the motor gets more stressed and therefore hotter, so I would recommend to install a heatsink+fan on the motor.

Last edited:

I run the Imex 3.2 swamp Dawgs and the cheap zd racing MT tires from the pirates 2...Wheelies and flips all day

I run the Imex 3.2 swamp Dawgs and the cheap zd racing MT tires from the pirates 2...

Back