Battery Storage Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrettOlbrys

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos XTR
Hello. I am going to be away for about one month. What do I do with my battery during that time? The car will not be used, and I've only charged the battery once because it is new, so what do I do with the battery?

Thanks

Just toss it on the charger and set it to storage mode, or if that's not an option just run it down in the car and charge it back up to 3.8v per cell and let her sit

I agree with the other's replies..3.75-3.85v per cell is recommended storage range. Also a good idea to use a lipo bag or similar container if you don't already have it.

Storage mode. That's what i always do when i don't run my Sketer
Agreed. I guess it can depend on what charger one is using, my cheap 80 and 100watt chargers take FOREVER to storage charge🙄😔🙄😔
I usually throw them on balance charge at normal amperage(5A) and when they reach 3.8-3.85, I shut em down. Saves alot of time, but requires more attention.
Once upon a time..I didn't even bother, just throw em in the bag after LVC..actually still have yet to see a difference in battery life.🤣🤣

Agreed. I guess it can depend on what charger one is using, my cheap 80 and 100watt chargers take FOREVER to storage charge🙄😔🙄😔
I usually throw them on balance charge at normal amperage(5A) and when they reach 3.8-3.85, I shut em down. Saves alot of time, but requires more attention.
Once upon a time..I didn't even bother, just throw em in the bag after LVC..actually still have yet to see a difference in battery life.🤣🤣
Got a 100 watt charger. Takes forever. It sometimes just stop after 4 hours charge time. That is how i programmed the charger. I need a stronger charger 🤣

I leave my batts at 3.86 (ish) per Cell for storage and have keep lipos for years with no degradation

I either put my batteries in storage mode using the charger, or I run them down in my vehicles until they are right around 3.8V per cell and I have around 35-40% charge remaining. I never run my batteries down all the way to cutoff voltage: I use a battery checker after each run to ensure I get them to near the correct charge percentage and voltage before I put the batteries in my ammo boxes.

Thanks all. This is my first time with Lipo batteries from the old days of RC, so I'm having to learn all new technology.

I figured out the storage function of my charger, so I'm all set, but I guess a battery bag would be a good addition as well, just for storage.

Hello. I am going to be away for about one month. What do I do with my battery during that time? The car will not be used, and I've only charged the battery once because it is new, so what do I do with the battery?

Thanks
I'm currently going through the same situation. Away from home for a month. Like others said, left turn charged to storage voltage, and also left them inside a couple of BatSafe boxes I have, and left the boxes under the kitchen cooker hood. As you can probably guess, I'm paranoid about lipos! 😂🤣

Thanks all. This is my first time with Lipo batteries from the old days of RC, so I'm having to learn all new technology.

I figured out the storage function of my charger, so I'm all set, but I guess a battery bag would be a good addition as well, just for storage.
Lipo bags should be used for charging as well as for storage, unless you have a BatSafe. Lipo bags are OK for storage, but an ammo can is better.

I always store at 3.80V per cell.

If you are above that you would have to use an external discharger to drop to 3.8V.

If below, then just the charger.

Back