Battery connector question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, the connectors are sheathed so there is not an issue, but I have had this argument with them, they weren't made for each other, so they can deform the connectors over time. And some manufacturers add little indentions (at least on the XT60's and XT90's) that make it really hard to do. I wouldn't do it it personally, I just use an adapter, but it can be done. lol. Well almost anything can be done.

Using EC-5 batteries with a XT90 ESC ? If you don't wanna change the connectors on the esc or battery i would use an adapter

xt90-ec5_medium (1).jpg

I saw and ordered these on ebay. I figured it should work.
plug.PNG

Ya, I used to solder, but physically can't anymore "quadriplegic from a dirt bike accident". I walk my wife through repairing our RC's. Soldering may come someday haha.

Ya, I used to solder, but physically can't anymore "quadriplegic from a dirt bike accident". I walk my wife through repairing our RC's. Soldering may come someday haha.
Do you have a local hobby shop by chance? A lot of times those guys will solder new ends on for you for little to no cost.

Just a thought.

Can an EC5 male plug fit in an XT90 female plug safely while bashing?
See people do it. Haven't done it myself. Best advice I can give is to take the time and learn to solder. It's invaluable in this hobby IMO. Buy a 10 pack or two of connectors and have at it. I use a 40watt Weller with chisel tip and it's a breeze up to 10gauge wire. If you go larger than 10gauge more watts will be needed I suspect. I like xt90, I find them easy to solder.
I'm not a fan of adapters because they are added risk of connection issues when bashing, they're extra weight and strain on cables as well...
Stuff flies and bounces all over in these rigs.
Broken connectors lead to fried electronics at minimum, or worse, fire. Just my take✌

Have to admit, soldering is the best way. If you're not bashing it hard pushing the terminals open in the XT connector makes a fairly solid connection with an EC5. I have one battery with an adapter and it always disconnects itself.

If I'm running 2x3S lipo on a Radix, are Dean plugs with xt90 adaptor ok or should I change plugs out on my batteries? I have other rc that runs on deans. Thanks!

You should be ok. It's just a tale of two connectors. One handles way more power than the other. I do run adapters for my son's truck but it's an XT60 to Traxxas. I haven't had any issue. I put new plugs on my esc's now to the match that battery. Grab some wire and solder and pack of connectors. Watch some youtube videos, practice on a few, and you'll get the hang of it quick.

Sending you a PM with my #. If you're in a pinch and need some soldering. I can travel. You're not far at all. I'm not the best at it, but I can get it done.

Do you have a local hobby shop by chance? A lot of times those guys will solder new ends on for you for little to no cost.

Just a thought.
Not really. I know of 2 near me....both an hour away. We used to have a lot, but they all disappeared early 2000's.

You should be ok. It's just a tale of two connectors. One handles way more power than the other. I do run adapters for my son's truck but it's an XT60 to Traxxas. I haven't had any issue. I put new plugs on my esc's now to the match that battery. Grab some wire and solder and pack of connectors. Watch some youtube videos, practice on a few, and you'll get the hang of it quick.

Sending you a PM with my #. If you're in a pinch and need some soldering. I can travel. You're not far at all. I'm not the best at it, but I can get it done.
Thanks!
channing tatum fist bump GIF

Back