Availability of aftermarket Diff bevel gears for Kronos?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Apex

Reaction score
Hi There,

It feels like the diff bevel gears on the Kronos are a real sensitive part in the car.

As we have two, I think I changed about all gears in both cars over the course of the last months, and now the one I am driving is starting to creak a lot again during braking.

I am already using two shims on both the diff and the bevel gear bearing to increase the bite they have on eachother but that just does not do the trick either.

I have seen aftermarket diff gears for traxxas models, but is anyone aware of availability of better diff gears for the Kronos?

Thanks

IDK of any aftermarket for the Corally rigs. I am of the impression that Corally gears are of good quality. Haven't heard of many having issues with the actual gears, outdrives and shafts, yes.
Perhaps replace the plastic housings along with the gears?
What are you running for power,tires,gearing?

Thanks. I actually already did replace the plastic housing on this particular one, maybe this is a diff gear I have missed to replace.

I am using stock tyres, a 12t Pinion a Hobbywing G2 motor and Max8 G2 combo using 4s lipo's...

Thanks. I actually already did replace the plastic housing on this particular one, maybe this is a diff gear I have missed to replace.

I am using stock tyres, a 12t Pinion a Hobbywing G2 motor and Max8 G2 combo using 4s lipo's...
Perhaps, not sure, but your setup is relatively conservative, shouldn't have any problems.
Is this the rtr or xtr kronos? Shouldn't have any bearing since the diff internals should be the same.

Yeah that's strange, haven't seeing anyone else complaining about this issue! I'd understand it if you where running 8S on a Max6, but you've got a very sensible setup.
I think there's a 7075 diff case, perhaps you could try that.

mine are fine no problems at all and its brutal on 6s. must have run it 40 ish times also

Back