Asuga Asuga + Max8 G2?, and RTR question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SyncR

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Sketer
So been debating picking up a Corally model, between Asuga and Sketer with them being newest of bunch (more so asuga), how is the Max8 G2 combo performing? normally I go Max6 + Surpass Rocket of somekind but its good bit cheaper to get G2 + 4274 combo at moment

Also I was watching long term review of XTR from 3 Sons RC and he mentioned the RTR's are now on V3 and have tower to tower brace + spring steel cups if I heard him right, I've not come across anything confirming this though? if they did I'd be open to a Kronos or Punisher

Thanks

Also I was watching long term review of XTR from 3 Sons RC and he mentioned the RTR's are now on V3 and have tower to tower brace + spring steel cups if I heard him right, I've not come across anything confirming this though? if they did I'd be open to a Kronos or Punisher

Thanks
The v3 rtrs shouldn't have the spring steel cups, although I feel that should come standard anymore based off the issues with the black ones, but yes they have tower to tower brace, hd steering hubs, and also the 7075 steering deck with the plastic cover like what you see on the asuga, maybe more?? Haven't seen any for sale yet though

My bro picked up a rtr Kronos late last year. None of the upgrades were on that. Maybe that's changed, not sure. I vote Asuga, rtr for me. That TC combo is pretty stout, plus the Max8 G2 seems to be prone to fire from what I've read. Just my 02✌

.. I just went to TC's site. I see the rtr Kronos does at least have the t2t brace now. None in the US though, unavailable from TC too..
In the US, I'm only seeing the '21 version available. Bummer.

Last edited:
Heres the radix, shows the steering upgrade, but like @KnowAir said, not much available

Screenshot_20230711-194353.png

Funnily enough (but not really) I was running Max6 G2 on my Asuga which went bang and set the rig on fire. Origin of the fire was definitely the ESC. Now running a Max8 + 4278 combo which is ferocious and sooooo much fun. Hasn't blown up yet, though judging by previous comments am I a glutton for punishment?

Funnily enough (but not really) I was running Max6 G2 on my Asuga which went bang and set the rig on fire. Origin of the fire was definitely the ESC. Now running a Max8 + 4278 combo which is ferocious and sooooo much fun. Hasn't blown up yet, though judging by previous comments am I a glutton for punishment?
My bro picked up a rtr Kronos late last year. None of the upgrades were on that. Maybe that's changed, not sure. I vote Asuga, rtr for me. That TC combo is pretty stout, plus the Max8 G2 seems to be prone to fire from what I've read. Just my 02✌

.. I just went to TC's site. I see the rtr Kronos does at least have the t2t brace now. None in the US though, unavailable from TC too..
In the US, I'm only seeing the '21 version available. Bummer.
Thanks guys, I know I did see a couple on YouTube let out the magic smoke but didn't think it was so widespread, maybe best keeping to the Max6, I've never had a problem with em or go RTR, need to see what's cheaper, as for V3 rtr I've noticed none in UK is advertising it's been updated, makes me wonder if there all the 2021 models

The v3 rtrs shouldn't have the spring steel cups, although I feel that should come standard anymore based off the issues with the black ones, but yes they have tower to tower brace, hd steering hubs, and also the 7075 steering deck with the plastic cover like what you see on the asuga, maybe more?? Haven't seen any for sale yet though
Thanks, like I said above wonder if all ones I'm seeing online on sale are the older 2021 to clear them out

My brother is actually running a Max8 G2 in a TRX Maxx. He picked up the 4268 combo, not sure why he went with the buggy motor but it really hauls the mail in the Maxx. He had intended to run 6s, but actually 4s is bonkers in it with that combo. So far so good. I don't mean to stir the turds or anything, just that they seem to have a high failure rate (G2's).
As to the TC rtr models, these latest should be v3 by my calculations if they are indeed shipping with the upgraded cups, hubs and t2t brace. Global supply is still in the turlet though unfortunately. Rc stuff is constantly running out of stock here in the US.. perhaps TC is indeed trying to flush out the remaining v2 rtr's before they ship the v3's? Would make sense.

My brother is actually running a Max8 G2 in a TRX Maxx. He picked up the 4268 combo, not sure why he went with the buggy motor but it really hauls the mail in the Maxx. He had intended to run 6s, but actually 4s is bonkers in it with that combo. So far so good. I don't mean to stir the turds ir anything, just that they seem to have a high failure rate.
As to the TC rtr models, these latest should be v3 by my calculations if they are indeed shipping with the upgraded cups, hubs and t2t brace. Global supply is still in the turlet though unfortunately. Rc stuff is constantly running out of stock here in the US.. perhaps TC is indeed trying to flush out the remaining v2 rtr's before they ship the v3's? Would make sense.
Mate you should see it here in UK, I bought my nephew a Kraton 4S V2 in march thinking this will be perfect first proper RC for him, few days later he managed to break front bulkhead and shock tower, and now I can't get him a new chassis in UK until at least September

Mate you should see it here in UK, I bought my nephew a Kraton 4S V2 in march thinking this will be perfect first proper RC for him, few days later he managed to break front bulkhead and shock tower, and now I can't get him a new chassis in UK until at least September
Wow!! That's bad!! Any kit breakers on ebay in your region? I imagine buying from the US and having the parts shipped to you isn't worthwhile?

The tower to tower brace is available in the US for around $67. The kit fits all SWB and LWB Corally 6s vehicles. I added it and the HD steering blocks to my Muraco, along with the TC 7075 shock towers and chassis braces.

Wow!! That's bad!! Any kit breakers on ebay in your region? I imagine buying from the US and having the parts shipped to you isn't worthwhile?
Outside of ebay not really, I did find 1 on Jennys RC last night that I'm tempted to order, and honestly I'll just sell the car afterwards and get him something else, either a Traxxas Maxx or a Team Corally if it goes well for me, I mean heck with current prices of Corally vs Maxx I could buy him nearly 2 RTR's for price of 1 Maxx lol

Outside of ebay not really, I did find 1 on Jennys RC last night that I'm tempted to order, and honestly I'll just sell the car afterwards and get him something else, either a Traxxas Maxx or a Team Corally if it goes well for me, I mean heck with current prices of Corally vs Maxx I could buy him nearly 2 RTR's for price of 1 Maxx lol
I do like the 4s v2 Arrmas, but for the money, I would choose a TC 6s rtr and pocket the change. Or even a 6s Arrma..
My brother has a fleet of Traxxas stuff, I have several as well. They do make a good product, but expensive indeed. Parts is where they make up ground IMO. Parts are available pretty much anywhere on the planet, relatively cheap too. It's just that up front cost of TRX that's hard to get past, LOL.
The Maxx trucks, and XRT are truly tough rc's. Their best, IMO. Amazing examples of how plastics and engineering can really come together I think.. lightweight and tough as nails. The Arrma plastic trucks don't seem nearly as well engineered.

I do like the 4s v2 Arrmas, but for the money, I would choose a TC 6s rtr and pocket the change. Or even a 6s Arrma..
My brother has a fleet of Traxxas stuff, I have several as well. They do make a good product, but expensive indeed. Parts is where they make up ground IMO. Parts are available pretty much anywhere on the planet, relatively cheap too. It's just that up front cost of TRX that's hard to get past, LOL.
The Maxx trucks, and XRT are truly tough rc's. Their best, IMO. Amazing examples of how plastics and engineering can really come together I think.. lightweight and tough as nails. The Arrma plastic trucks don't seem nearly as well engineered.
I have a Maxx V2 and XRT, love them both and especially part support and prices, I've found my XRT tough as nails for its size, had it for few month and only now have a issue with it, changed to 20/46 and starting hearing a whiring sound near end of bash yesterday, but yeah the initial costs is what puts you off, especially since esc needs replacing

I have a Maxx V2 and XRT, love them both and especially part support and prices, I've found my XRT tough as nails for its size, had it for few month and only now have a issue with it, changed to 20/46 and starting hearing a whiring sound near end of bash yesterday, but yeah the initial costs is what puts you off, especially since esc needs replacing
Nice! My brother and I each have Xmaxx's. I believe the key is leaving them as stock as possible to keep them reliable. Once the power gets upgraded they start having drivetrain issues. Same for the tires..those big heavy Duratrax and Pro-lines draw out the drivetrain weaknesses IMO.
I did put a Max6 in mine, "feels" faster but a race with my brother's stock says otherwise.. about the same. I put the VXL8S into my Kraton XL with a 4092, running 6s. Does fine by me, it's a beast on Kronos tires!!😁

Nice! My brother and I each have Xmaxx's. I believe the key is leaving them as stock as possible to keep them reliable. Once the power gets upgraded they start having drivetrain issues. Same for the tires..those big heavy Duratrax and Pro-lines draw out the drivetrain weaknesses IMO.
I did put a Max6 in mine, "feels" faster but a race with my brother's stock says otherwise.. about the same. I put the VXL8S into my Kraton XL with a 4092, running 6s. Does fine by me, it's a beast on Kronos tires!!😁
Yeah mines stock besides Max6 in it, the vxl 8s went into Maxx, should never have problem in that on 4S but also gives me some 6S madness if I wanna try someday, I run the 4092 in my kraton too, preferred it to the 4985 it had before

Yeah mines stock besides Max6 in it, the vxl 8s went into Maxx, should never have problem in that on 4S but also gives me some 6S madness if I wanna try someday, I run the 4092 in my kraton too, preferred it to the 4985 it had before
My exact thoughts about using the VXL8S in the Kraton on 6s.. I had a HW Xerun 150a in the Kraton which was awesome..till I got it wet. Not waterproof!? 🤔😔🤣 Shame, was a great running esc. Oh well, glad I had the VXL8S laying around.
I picked up the 4092(1650kv) for my Mojave EXB a couple years back, paid like $70 for the 4092. Never tried the 4985.
I made a mashup of parts between my Kraton exb and Mojave exb..the short armed Kraton is my rendition of an Asuga. LOL. Mojo suspension and cvds, mojo tires too. It's actually one of my favorite track runners ATM.. handles great!

My exact thoughts about using the VXL8S in the Kraton on 6s.. I had a HW Xerun 150a in the Kraton which was awesome..till I got it wet. Not waterproof!? 🤔😔🤣 Shame, was a great running esc. Oh well, glad I had the VXL8S laying around.
I picked up the 4092(1650kv) for my Mojave EXB a couple years back, paid like $70 for the 4092. Never tried the 4985.
I made a mashup of parts between my Kraton exb and Mojave exb..the short armed Kraton is my rendition of an Asuga. LOL. Mojo suspension and cvds, mojo tires too. It's actually one of my favorite track runners ATM.. handles great!
Yea was the hobbywing motor I had, now it has the surpass rocket in it, I need to get one of there 4082 for my hobao mtx, can't fit 4092 unfortunately

Yea was the hobbywing motor I had, now it has the surpass rocket in it, I need to get one of there 4082 for my hobao mtx, can't fit 4092 unfortunately
Oh bummer.. we have 4092's a plenty over here!! V1, v2's, Surpass, Hobbystar.. which are pretty much the same.

Oh bummer.. we have 4092's a plenty over here!! V1, v2's, Surpass, Hobbystar.. which are pretty much the same.
Just bought a Sketer, got a pretty solid deal on ebay, £270 for brand new one without remote, I use radiolink so remote would've ended up in bin or left in box anyway, got wide kit parts ordered too so I can run backflip LP's

Probably end up with Asuga too haha

Back