Asuga Asuga Diff Setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lamdingo

Reaction score
Picked up the Asuga about a month ago. Really wanted a buggy because my son has a typhon 3s and I love that little guy. Wanted something a little bigger plus I can bash it. I purchased the RTR since its my first corally and I wanted to see how the electronics hold up. Im looking to take it off some jumps and do some backflips like my kraton. I'm getting rdy to upgrade the pinion to a 16t and see how that holds up. I usually run 60/500/30 (F/C/R) in most of my bashers. Just wondering if this will mess with my handling too much. I love the way it handles right now but its some of the lightest diff fluid I have ever run.

I would suggest leaving the diff fluid at factory which is 30k front, 100k centre and 20k rear. Especially if you are running the stock wheels/tyres.

It's worth checking the oil levels in the diffs are usually RTR vehicles aren't built to perfection.

I would say it would only be beneficial to run thicker oils if you were using much heavier wheels/tyres, which consequently would also ruin the handling somewhat. The stock setup is very lively and agile and I think it handles really well.

I'm actually running Arrma Mojave wheels/tyres on my Asuga, they are good quality but seem to grip a little too much for my liking and the car doesn't slide around as nicely or steer as quickly.

I have since bought some FTX DR8 wheels/tyres which have the same dimensions but a less aggressive tyre tread.

I would suggest leaving the diff fluid at factory which is 30k front, 100k centre and 20k rear. Especially if you are running the stock wheels/tyres.

It's worth checking the oil levels in the diffs are usually RTR vehicles aren't built to perfection.

I would say it would only be beneficial to run thicker oils if you were using much heavier wheels/tyres, which consequently would also ruin the handling somewhat. The stock setup is very lively and agile and I think it handles really well.

I'm actually running Arrma Mojave wheels/tyres on my Asuga, they are good quality but seem to grip a little too much for my liking and the car doesn't slide around as nicely or steer as quickly.

I have since bought some FTX DR8 wheels/tyres which have the same dimensions but a less aggressive tyre tread.
I am running proline Mach 10’s for smoothish grass which grip really well and stick like glue. They have a lot of grip even on gravel. If you are looking for tyres with some give on the loose and grass, then the original tyres of the Python will be good as these are more suited to road use rather than the grass. I replaced the ones on my Python within a week of buying it as it spun the wheels too much on the grass.
For proper grip on rough grass and terrain I use Louise Uphills, these are great. They seem to be holding well. They came pre glued that hasn’t given out yet

I am running proline Mach 10’s for smoothish grass which grip really well and stick like glue. They have a lot of grip even on gravel. If you are looking for tyres with some give on the loose and grass, then the original tyres of the Python will be good as these are more suited to road use rather than the grass. I replaced the ones on my Python within a week of buying it as it spun the wheels too much on the grass.
For proper grip on rough grass and terrain I use Louise Uphills, these are great. They seem to be holding well. They came pre glued that hasn’t given out yet
Appreciate your input and experiences but the OP is referring to diff setup on an Asuga so I’m not sure this is relevant.

Back