Asuga center diff removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morrjr71

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Asuga
  2. Muraco
  3. Radix
To remove the center diff, Corally says that top brace has to be removed in order to gain access to the diff top plate. From looking at my new Asuga, it looks like I have to take out the receiver box and the motor to get to the screws on the aluminum top center brace. Has anyone discovered an easier way to remove the center diff other than what Corally recommends?

I had to tear my receiver box off, some of those brace screws are blocked so no real way around it, or if their is it'll probably take just as much time anyway

I had to tear my receiver box off, some of those brace screws are blocked so no real way around it, or if their is it'll probably take just as much time anyway
It's not a great design, that's for sure. I don't know why Corally felt the need to hold down the receiver box with six screws: I think the two larger screws that go into locking nuts would be adequate. Routine maintenance shouldn't require a lot of teardown.

I usually check all three diff fluid levels whenever I get a new RC vehicle, but I'm not inclined to do that on the center diff of the Asuga until there is a valid requirement for maintenance.

I guess it doesn't bother me too much, I've owned far worse designs from a maintenance standpoint, I've got all the mip driver bits for my electric screwdriver so the few extra screws go pretty quick

Not too much of a hassle.
On the bash day we had organised on the ArrmA forum i opened my Asuga centre diff 3 times.
Really doesn't take that long. About 6 minutes, manually.
Annoying ? Yes, but could be much worse.

It's not a great design, that's for sure. I don't know why Corally felt the need to hold down the receiver box with six screws: I think the two larger screws that go into locking nuts would be adequate. Routine maintenance shouldn't require a lot of teardown.

I usually check all three diff fluid levels whenever I get a new RC vehicle, but I'm not inclined to do that on the center diff of the Asuga until there is a valid requirement for maintenance.

That's one of my gripes with my TC rigs. I wish there was a better system to change out the receiver and route the wires. I tend to put several different escs in my rigs when I'm testing and searching for the best match, so constantly undoing the screws on the bottom and then redoing the wiring can be a pain.

What I came up with is a lead extender that I secure to the center roll cage. That way I just plug into the extender. I use a Y-splitter for the fans and transponder as well. Definitely makes life easier for me.

Makes it much less waterproof, but I don't really run my racers in the mud or rain. I'll still keep going in a sprinkle, but once it starts to drop more consistently I pull off the track. My Outcast is the one I'll still run even if it's pouring.

Back