Sketer Anyone making aluminum chassis braces yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

project_revenant

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Sketer
Found the front chassis brace was broken today. Looking around the net for an aluminum one and I found some for other Corally chassis braces for other cars, but the picture doesn’t look like the bolts in the chassis will line up. Anyone try one and was able to make it work, or have an idea?
02C47A1F-DA28-493D-8C03-33B387AF3005.jpeg

I did go ahead and order all these parts to upgrade the front hoping it will help some 🤞🏻.
But I’m sure chassis flex was the culprit.
395E007D-206E-417D-90C7-439CD715EDD0.jpeg

the 7075 front brace requires you drilling another hole where it bolts to the chassis.
You can use it with just one hole: it's still stiffer than the stock brace. I have that on my Radix6. If you were to buy the 7075 chassis, it is already drilled for that extra hole.

Looks tough. But i think i am gonna wait till corally or someone else makes them. If i know anything, will let you guys know.

Looks tough. But i think i am gonna wait till corally or someone else makes them. If i know anything, will let you guys know.
This aluminum brace is made by Team Corally. It’s just not made specific for the Sketer. I’m not aware of a direct replacement of the Sketer one in aluminum as of yet. But it does seem to fit pretty good, after you make your own holes in chassis.

Hey...found my front chassis brace broken today. How has the Kronos brace worked out since the install?
It has worked flawless. I did upgrade the entire front end with all the parts listed in my original post. It’s rock solid now. Was a little tedious install things didn’t install the way I thought they should. I can’t remember the exact details but install all the parts for the upgrade just watch close for binding in the steering. I did finally recess the screws into the chassis for holes I had to drill in the chassis for the new brace and it looks and works perfect after a little tinkering. Cheers!

It has worked flawless. I did upgrade the entire front end with all the parts listed in my original post. It’s rock solid now. Was a little tedious install things didn’t install the way I thought they should. I can’t remember the exact details but install all the parts for the upgrade just watch close for binding in the steering. I did finally recess the screws into the chassis for holes I had to drill in the chassis for the new brace and it looks and works perfect after a little tinkering. Cheers!
Give us a updated pic of the bottom. I'm thinking about doing the same. Is there a substate for the rear as well? You could also sick a screw and nut in the void holes to keep debris out. It's not necessary but I'm OCD.

I'm wondering if either on of these will work for the rear?

https://rchobbyexplosion.com/team-corally-aluminum-rear-chassis-brace-1-8-c-00180-396/

https://rchobbyexplosion.com/team-c...JpYEPYvYLWCK_uUqXQNzX6-K5hzLYeThoCuOAQAvD_BwE

Last edited:
The rear seams to be holding up just fine for me i haven't had a single problem there so i honestly haven't looked for a sub for that part. the front has held up super good. been through a few front body posts, a front shock tower, a few control arms, and shock rods. and fronts still solid. here are a couple of quick pics i just snapped. cheers!
IMG_1192.jpeg
IMG_1191.jpeg
IMG_1190.jpeg

Give us an updated pic of the bottom. I'm thinking about doing the same. Is there a substate for the rear as well? You could also sick a screw and nut in the void holes to keep debris out. It's not necessary but I'm OCD.

I'm wondering if either on of these will work for the rear?

https://rchobbyexplosion.com/team-corally-aluminum-rear-chassis-brace-1-8-c-00180-396/

https://rchobbyexplosion.com/team-c...JpYEPYvYLWCK_uUqXQNzX6-K5hzLYeThoCuOAQAvD_BwE

Back