Anyone else a fan of the Maxx V2?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pwrhungry

Reaction score
I know its plastic but it just looks so good, runs 4s, and you can put any wheels you want on it. It also seems pretty durable.

I’d don’t care about any of the politics or who made it. If it’s a good product is what I want to know. Seems the esc is it’s only bid downfall but td throw a Max8 in then.

I like it, kinda pricey. I need someone to do a direct comparison between the Max v2 and Sketer! Anyone???

I very nearly got a Maxx instead of a Kraton 6s. I still may get one someday, but right now, the Kraton is enough for me.

Right now I can get a Maxx v2 for 610 euro, normally 650. The new Kronos is 500 for the XTR and I don’t have a controller or anything else so when all said and done I’m around 900 without charger and batteries which is more than I’m willing to spend atm. The Sketer is to narrow and from everything I’m hearing sucks to work on. I know I can widen but I don’t have a Jenny’s RC here in Germany. Plus razor did a video and still things the Maxx is a little more durable. 🤷‍♂️

First time i saw the Maxx i got really disappointed, i thought it was too small and pricey, been wanting a E-Maxx V2 for several years, and never really understood why Trx made such a big size difference between the X-Maxx and Maxx, been thinking for a long while now that they were gonna release a Mid Maxx of some sort but probably never gonna happen, same with a E-Maxx V2, that platform is way old now.

Also been waiting on the Sketer for some time and seems like a great truck and all with a good price as well, i do already have some "truckified" buggies that i don't use much so another Kronos is more my thing.

Now that the Maxx is both wider out of the box and longer i might have another look, still too pricey i think but that's the traxxas thing, i guess if you get some wide hubs and stub axles on the Sketer that one pops up in price a bit too.

To choose between the Kronos XTR 2022 and the Maxx v2 right now, for me it's a given, very different types of trucks and can't really compare but
for the price of the XTR you get a lot of truck and a good size imo. Price wise ofc there is a difference but if you spend your money on some good electronics and a good radio now you end up with a really good 1/8 truck, then again always more options out there, hobby life is hard and costly.

I had one of the v1 max’s with the wide kit. Keep in mind I don’t think the truck comes with cvd’s and those are for sure needed when the truck is all widened out.

I haven’t ran my sketer yet, but I’ll try and compare them the best I can.

Maxx was all good, just felt like a trx. If y’all know what I mean.

Haven't done anything with the Max, TBH I'm not a traxxis fan anymore. I did 2 trx4 kits and just feel the parts as well as the overall rig quality is lacking and upgrade parts are too crazy expensive.

I think the maxx trucks are quite good, but seriously overpriced. It's a Traxxas thing, pay so much for plastic, I just don't see where the money's going? I own an Xmaxx, hoss and a tmaxx, so not a hater. I just feel there are better options than the maxx. First choice for me would be a v5 Arrma 6s, it's only $30 more. Second pick for me would be the kaiju, $100 less than the maxx. Slap some Mojave arms on it, and it's pretty stout. Not sure where the TC v3 6s will be priced, but I would bet it will be competitive and much improved over v2. Could be worth the wait..

I think the maxx trucks are quite good, but seriously overpriced. It's a Traxxas thing, pay so much for plastic, I just don't see where the money's going? I own an Xmaxx, hoss and a tmaxx, so not a hater. I just feel there are better options than the maxx. First choice for me would be a v5 Arrma 6s, it's only $30 more. Second pick for me would be the kaiju, $100 less than the maxx. Slap some Mojave arms on it, and it's pretty stout. Not sure where the TC v3 6s will be priced, but I would bet it will be competitive and much improved over v2. Could be worth the wait..
Totally agree with all of it 👌🏻

I like the maxx but, where's the money going? Cuz I don't see $570 here? Otherwise, a great basher. Great video @razorrc 👍

Curious to see the MT8 if it ever gets released!?

Back