Muraco Accurate stock top speeds for the Muraco and Punisher.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midtimer1

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I've been RCing for a long while, though I've only recently discovered Team Corally and their super charged car line up.

I rarely bash, I generally like ripping cars both on and off road hence my question. There are reviews online saying the Muraco can hit 66mph stock and the Punisher 60ish, however these figures seem to be conflicting so I'm asking the forum whether the quoted numbers are accurate?

I'll like to add a truggy bigger than the HPI Baja, so I'll wait for feedback before taking the plunge. Also, do the models have optional pinions like Arrma?

Regards

I can tell you the radix is geared the same as the muraco in stock form 13/46 and same diffs and back when mine ran 6s I could only get 63mph with an 18t pinion, that's on 100mm tall tires, 72mph with a 22t pinion, 66 seems optimistic for a stock muraco but maybe the taller tires add more than I assume they would??

Thanks for the reply.

I assume the 18t pinion is stock? 63mph stock is encouraging, the longer tire tread should add more speed and less ballooning?

Did your Muraco come with a 22t pinion and have the incased esc (looks like a mini tower)?

Regards

Ah, OK.

From your posts, 66 mph stock speed seems impossible on the 13t pinion.

Other than the Radix, are there any Corally's that run 60+ in stock form?

Radix won't either unless you gear up. The trucks may come close, 6 extra teeth on the spur which will slow them a bit but considerably larger tires, I've never put the GPS on my kronos when it was still 6s and haven't put it on my xtr either, but even then I'm still running a 15t pinion on the xtr so wouldn't be "stock" numbers anyways

1662787095261.png

Yeah that chart isn't accurate at all, looks impressive though and that helps sell!

Well using the Corally Electronics on my Kronos XTR, I had 62mph on JetKo belted tyres. 0-60mph in 4.28 secs on stock gearing.

With that in mind, you'll definitely have the potential for higher top speeds in the Shogun/Muraco, provided that you run tyres that enable you to keep the rig pointing in a useful direction - at all times. Ballooning stock tyres aren't helpful helpful on speed runs.
Screenshot_20220707_204630_com.gps.revogi.jpg
Screenshot_20220707_204044_com.gps.revogi.jpg

IMG_20220512_201556.jpg

Also worth pointing out, that anyone wishing to do speed runs or mess about with higher gear ratios will need to mitigate the heat generated to avoid 'magic smoke'. The Corally motor is already pretty wild and can get overheated very quickly. Don't ask me how I know!

IMG_20220530_113634.jpg
IMG_20220525_171318.jpg

Last edited:
Radix runs, 6s, stock esc, hobbywing 2200kv motor, big cap pack, grp belted tires. First run on 18t pinion/46 spur, second run 22t pinion/46 spur. Now the car is 8s, castle mmx8s esc, 1480kv motor, 22/46 and ran 63mph, currently running a 24t pinion and have not yet tested

IMG_20220422_131323999.jpg

Screenshot_20220810-200115.png

Screenshot_20220810-200737.png

Which Jetko (or any) belted tires for the Shogun/Muraco would you guys recommend for traction, speed and longevity?

Which Jetko (or any) belted tires for the Shogun/Muraco would you guys recommend for traction, speed and longevity?
These:
IMG_20220509_172849.jpg

They're belted and won't balloon. Because they're heavier than stock tyres, you'll need to use a firmer spring in the servo saver - the stock spring is too soft.

These:
View attachment 3029
They're belted and won't balloon. Because they're heavier than stock tyres, you'll need to use a firmer spring in the servo saver - the stock spring is too soft.
How well balanced are the jetko's in your experience? I've tried a few larger size belted tire brands and they weren't very good, I'd definitely be interested in a set of decent balanced belted 3.8's for testing speed on my 8s kronos

How well balanced are the jetko's in your experience? I've tried a few larger size belted tire brands and they weren't very good, I'd definitely be interested in a set of decent balanced belted 3.8's for testing speed on my 8s kronos
Mine were excellent out of the packet - very impressed with them. They are very sticky, give brilliant grip and don't balloon. They can flat-spot if left under the weight of the truck when not in use.

With a wheel balancer and balance putty, it's good to balance your wheels and isn't difficult 👍
IMG_20220509_221528.jpg

That's good info to know, I don't think there's enough putty to balance the ones I've tried!! I'll have to put the jetko's on my winter buy/upgrade list and give them a shot

That's good info to know, I don't think there's enough putty to balance the ones I've tried!! I'll have to put the jetko's on my winter buy/upgrade list and give them a shot
🤣 Crikey, yeah I know some tyres can be really bad. If they get wet especially and the foams are all bunched up.

Take em' into your local 1:1 tyre dealer and spin em' up! 😜

Back