Kronos XTR 2022 XTR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KnowAir

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos XTR
I'm wondering if TC has done anything differently with the new XTR with regards to the suspension plates? I have read of people having ripped the plates right off of the gearbox because the plates aren't secured to the chassis itself but just screwed into the gearbox. Guess we'll see.

Haven't experienced this myself. Just that I've heard of it happening. Some manufacturers run screws up through the chassis into the plates, others have key holes in the chassis to lock the pin plates in place. TC may very well have fixed it, IDK. I doubt it's something most will likely encounter?

I’ve abused my 1st xtr pretty good and I’ve only ever broke 1 gearbox… however.. they are very cheap and easier (in my option) than the arrma ones to replace.

That said, the crash it happened on … it was totally my fault. 😂🤣

Ouch!!! I haven't seen any first hand but I have read a the same/

A quick look at the 2021 and 2022 the A/B/C/D blocks seem to be attached the same if that is what you are asking about. Hope that helps.

Hurricane

A quick look at the 2021 and 2022 the A/B/C/D blocks seem to be attached the same if that is what you are asking about. Hope that helps.

Hurricane
Perhaps that's what they're called. I think it's a non issue for the masses..but even the Arrmas are held together the same way. I guess as long as the gearbox is strong enough and well secured to the chassis, shouldn't be a problem.
For instance, my MT4G3 uses pivot blocks that are screwed to the chassis and gearbox. TC and Arrma are using plates that are only screwed to the gearbox.
The stock MT4G3 blocks were only made of plastic however, so not great.
It's likely moot..

I never had a problem, but I gave my Dementor to a buddy and he drives like crap and stripped the gearboxes. So depends on how good of a driver you are IMO. Lots of people run into random issues with RC cars that I never do.

I never had a problem, but I gave my Dementor to a buddy and he drives like crap and stripped the gearboxes. So depends on how good of a driver you are IMO. Lots of people run into random issues with RC cars that I never do.
Good point. We do our own thing👍

Back